Applications are invited for filling up of one post of Scientific Attache in Indian Mission at Washington on deputation (including short-term contract) basis.
Essential Qualification & Experience:
(i) Master’s degree in Science or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University or equivalent.
(ii) Scientists or Technologists working in Indian Central / State Government / University / Recognised Research Institutions / Semi-Government or Statutory or autonomous organizations in India or abroad and
(a) holding analogous post on regular basis or
(b) with 02 (two) years regular service in post in the scale of Rs. 14300-18300 (pre-revised)
(c) with 07 (seven) years regular service in the scale of Rs. 12000-16500 (pre-revised) or equivalent.
Desirable Qualification & Experience:
(i) Knowledge of a modern European / German / Russian / Japanese language in addition to English.
(ii) Doctor’s Degree in Science or Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology &
(iii) Wide experience in interdisciplinary areas of Science & Technology with an emphasis on copyrights, intellectual property rights, patents and inventions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Following up the implementation of joint programmes of cooperation.
2. Suggesting possible new areas for bilateral cooperation.
3. Acquiring information about the latest developments in S&T in the countries of accreditation in specific sectors of interest to India.
4. Attending to official work delegated by the various scientific agencies in India in the countries of accreditation.
5. Keeping the Government of India briefed about the new policy decisions and related aspects pertaining to Science & Technology in the countries of accreditation.
6. Preparing a roster of Indian scientists working/settled in the countries of accreditation and maintaining contacts with them.
7. Attending to requests which may be received from the Indian scientists.
8. Serving as focal points for information on science and technology activities in India.
9. Securing information about S&T activities in other countries through contacts established in the countries of accreditation.
10. Coordinating/assisting in organizing visits of S&T officials, S&T delegations, scientists from research laboratories and public sector undertakings etc.
11. In general, serving as liaison with concerned Government offices, R&D institutions, academic and research institutions etc. in the countries of accreditation.
Last Date – 17/11/2011
Related Govt Jobs:
- Milk Plant Technician, Lab Technician, Boiler Attendant, Lab Attendant Jobs in College of Dairy Science & Technology
- Under Secretary, Sr AO / ASD, Assistants Jobs at Office of the Custodian, Ministry of Finance
- Junior Scientific Officer, Junior Scientific Assistant Vacancy in Sports Authority of India
- Scientific Assistant, Scientist Recruitment at UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research
- Driver, Steno, Personal Secretary Vacancy in Office of Custodian, Ministry of Finance